Views
Helpful
Replies

IMAP Through IronPort ESA

M.Jallad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to deploy IMAP Client Access service on microsoft exchange 2010 (HUB/CAS transport server) for Remote Users (MUA's) through EmailSecurity Appliance C160 which was already been configured for normal SMTP incoming/outgoing mail transfer.However, i searched ESA's configuration and Advanced configuration guides for such topics with no success.

Note: IMAP service is configured and tested locally on Exchange, and now i'm searching how to publish IMAP access for remote clients using ESA.

I've also searched about webmail publishing through ESA and was starting to beleive it's not supported through ESA.

So anybody tried or read about this setup before ?!

Any assistance would be highly appreciated

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The ESA does not filter IMAP or Outlook Web Access sessions in any way.

You can configure Exchange to send outbound SMTP mail through the ESA so that your user can't send viruses and the like.

View solution in original post

Yes, though some people use a reverse proxy to instead of just using your firewall.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

The ESA does not filter IMAP or Outlook Web Access sessions in any way.

You can configure Exchange to send outbound SMTP mail through the ESA so that your user can't send viruses and the like.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your update , so i guess my only option is to publish Exchange CAS to internet directly bypassing ironport ESA for incoming IMAP/Webmail access !?

Yes, though some people use a reverse proxy to instead of just using your firewall.

By the way , outgoing SMTP is working normally on remote clients. however, will think of a secure way to use imap and web access. thanks for your response

ESA doesn't concern about imap or pop ....it only conern about smtp incoming/outgoing connection.