Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport C370 External Domain Mail Sending Restriction

AkashPhoenix
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there an option to restrict users from sending mails to specific domain using Ironport C370 appliance. We have Active Directory and Exchange 2003 implemented at our end. We want to create a Security Group in AD and then restrict users from that group to send mails to specific domains and restrict mails any other domains.

Regards

Akash

4 Replies 4

Stephan Bayer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Akash,

This article might help. Just reverse the steps and apply to Outgoing Mail Policy instead of Incoming Mail Policy.

Article #1237: How to create an envelope sender-based blacklist Link: http://tools.cisco.com/squish/8107a

Kind Regards,

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your reply. I read the artcle mentioned by you but in my case i want to restrict mailing to all domains and just allow 4-5 domains.

Hello Akash - the following article may help:

Question:

How do I allow outgoing relay for one recipient domain only?

Context:

How do I allow outgoing relay for one or few recipient domain(s) only?

Symptoms:

What is "not" working?

Solution:

Relaying will allow for any ip address that is on the relay list to be able to relay to any domains. 

So  if you need to allow only one recipient domain like example.com to be  able to relay out then you will need to adjust the 'Outgoing Mail  Policies', under 'Mail Policies'.

1. create a new outgoing mail policy.
2. Under add users, specify "recipient", then proceed to add the email address of the recipient domain(s)

i.e. @cisco.com  @gmail.com, @hotmail.com

3. create a content filter in the new mail policy that will deliver the message with no conditions.

4.  the default policy will need to be changed so that it will drop all  other messages. You will need to create another content filter called  drop and apply it to the default mail policy. 

These steps will ensure that only message going to the recipient domain(s) will be delivered.  All others will be dropped.

Remember  the Outgoing Mail Policies only apply to private listeners.  So if you  have not created an outgoing private listener, then do so.

Please let us know if you have any questions and/or require further assistance.

Thank you for contacting Cisco Email Security.

Hi Akash,

There are probably multiple ways to perform your desired request, however I am still learning the appliance and am not sure at this point.

Have you checked out Mail Policies -> Destination Controls?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: