cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport Centralized Management license

Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

a customer with an old C350 3 nodes environment and Ironport Centralized Management license (IPCM-C3-1Y),

would like to migrate to C370 appliances, but is not clear on documentation if there's still the need of the centralized management license or is included in new bundles.

I don't need to have a separate appliance for reporting

thanks

Enrico

2 Replies 2

Bob Fayne
Level 1
Level 1

The license/featurekey itself is issued to a specific appliance but it can be transferred from an old appliance to a new one and would run until the featurekey expired.  You would probably want to coordinate the change with your sales/channel person but it shouldn't be that hard.

I am pretty sure that centralized management is not being included as a "throw-in" with new appliances. Its possible that Cisco may have a "bundle" with additional discounts for buying more than one feature at the same time but you would still need them to issue a featurekey for the new serial numbers.

I second Bob's answer, Centralized Management is still an aditional feature that needs to be purchased separately. or in case of an RMA/Hardware Upgrade, existing licenses for Centralized Management can be transferred to the new appliances.

Hope that helps,

Andreas