Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport license name

justinus.budi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just convert ironport license from classic license to smart license. When i see the licenses tab, i see that the license name change. Is there any cisco documentation that explain that change ?

For Example :

CL :  Sophos Anti-Virus in SL : Email Security Appliance Sophos Anti-Malware

CL : File Reputation and File Analysis  in SL : Email Security Appliance Advanced Malware Protection Reputation, Email Security Appliance Advanced Malware Protection

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The name is a cosmetic change... you can try to open a TAC case and ask them.. but i dont see this as a big deal.. just tell your customer the name changed to the new one

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ccieexpert
Spotlight
Spotlight

I think over the years they have updated.. looking at the latest ordering guide it is different. To be honest, the new one is more clear and aligned with the product especially malware defense...

are you just looking for documentation or is there another concern ? the change is pretty self explanatory and lot of time they may not document such things..

ccieexpert_0-1724039341098.png

Yes i'm looking for the documentation, so if my customer ask i have the document to provide.

The name is a cosmetic change... you can try to open a TAC case and ask them.. but i dont see this as a big deal.. just tell your customer the name changed to the new one

Auteri
Level 1
Level 1

They just brought the naming convention in line with the current product branding. Cisco changes product brands so often even my Cisco account managers are confused sometimes and are using older product names in conversation.

those names dont even match with new "Cisco secure" prefix...

Well that's on the way out now too...