Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport mapping with outlook for encryption

wajid dabir
Level 1
Level 1

For encryption ,

If the user is sending mail from the microsoft outlook, and sending as a confidential mail, then is it possible to trigger this mail on ironport by configuring any policy and get encrypt at the recipient end.

Regards,

wajid dabir

2 Replies 2

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can accomplish this from Outlook by using the Outlook Encryption Plug-in, or by setting up a content filter on your appliance and using subject line keywords to accomplish encryption.

1) Create a content filter under Mail Policies -> Incoming Content Filters -OR- Outgoing Content Filters, with the following properties:

Condition:
      Subject Header: Contains: (?i)\[SEND SECURE\] -OR- (?i)\[encrypt\] -OR- (?i)\[keyword of choice\]

Action:
      Encrypt and Deliver

(example from web GUI):

Condition details:

Actions details:

* Q: Why does the output reflect as “\\”?  You will need to have the line written as:
(?i)\[SEND SECURE\] 

This will AUTOMATICALLY convert to show as:
subject == "(?i)\\[SEND SECURE\\]” 

* Q: What does (?i) do?  Case insensitivity.  Allows for “[SEND SECURE]”, “[send secure]”, “[SeNd SeCuRe]”, etc.

2) Enable the new content filter for all relevant policies under Mail Policies -> Outgoing Mail Policies

3) Submit/Commit the changes 

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

Hi Robert,

The action should be "encrypt on delivery or encrypt and deliver now"