Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport support team contact

ptitoliv
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm writing here because this is the only place I found in order to reach Cisco people.

I'm not a Cisco customer but just a postmaster of a small business trying to sending mail to domains managed by IronPort solution.

The issue refers to DKIM alignment : I receive DMARC reports from IronPort telling me the DKIM authentication is in permerror state. However, I have this issue only with IronPort managed domains : From others big email companies such as Google or Microsoft, there is no such issue.

The thing is that I can't have the detail of the permerror failure with the DMARC report. and since I'm not a customer I can't open a case.

So is it possible to reach somebody from Cisco IronPort in order to be able to have a deeper analysis of that issue ?

Thanks

BR,

P.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what you mean managed domains ? means is FQDN domains ?  (you need to send full header of the error to review)

i would also suggest to check this document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/cloud-email-security/215915-configure-incoming-filter-based-on-dkim.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

I mean MX domain by managed domain.

The thing is that I am the postmaster of the sender domain which is not managed by IronPort. And it's complicated to get the headers from a recipient or contact the postmaster of the recipient domain that's why i'm trying here.

The only info I have is the DMARC report with the permerror status

Thanks

P.

you can check your email security at MXtoolbox.

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx 

And if you want, send me a PM and I'll give you my email to try to send to as we use Ironports to see the logs from this side if you want. It also doesn't surprise me the big companis don't do a lot of the security checks. you can even see googles SPF ends in ~all

google.com text =

"v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all"

Hello Dusting,

Thanks for your interest and your help I check on all DKIM validators available online and for all of them my DKIM record is valid. That's why I understand why I have a permerror from IronPort.  Indeed you're right about security checks. The thing which is a little bit sad is that it's not possible to identify easily why there is an error from recipients.

I appreciate your help. I'll send you a PM in order to negotiate together how to do some tests

Thanks again

Regards,

P.

ptitoliv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again community,

Thanks to Dustin, we could identify that Ironport doesn't accept key > 2048 bits. With a new 2048 bits length key, everything is working now !

Thanks for everything !

Regards,

P.