Views
Helpful
Replies

Marketing emails

Doug Maxfield
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

We are starting to experiment with using the Marketing filter built into the Cisco IronPort C370.  Currently, we have been adding a X-Header so that we can inspect the mail logs and see what emails are being flagged.  For the last 2 weeks, we setup a policy that would quarantine these marketing emails and it has worked well.  But what is the correct procedure to get something that was flagged as "Marketing" to not be reported as "Marketing"?  Currently, we have been forwarding out from the quarantine to "no_ads@access.ironport.com" messages that should not be marked as "Marketing".

My question, is this the proper way to have these review and how long should it take?  Most of the emails that are at issue generate from ConstantContact.  We don't want all ConstantContact message unflagged, just the ones that we need for our business.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

2 Replies 2

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please be aware that neither the automatic nor the manual submissions will result in an automatic response from our AntiSpam team, so in case you would like feedback, please let us know how the submissions were done, when it was done, and the email address used for the submission.

Most submissions are reviewed and updated with-in 24 hours. 

If you have direct examples that you need addressed - be sure to submit them properly, then open a support case for us to work with Spam Operations in order to review and address your submission(s).

--------------------------------------------

Submit Spam Instructions

-Save the email as a .eml file

-Attach the file to an email and send to the following:

Cisco IronPort Anti-Spam

Report undetected spam to: spam@access.ironport.com

Report false-positives to: ham@access.ironport.com

Phishing Spam

Report phising attempts to: phish@access.ironport.com

Marketing Spam

Report marketing spam false positives to: not_ads@access.ironport.com

Report marketing spam false negatives to: ads@access.ironport.com

For more information on submitting spam, then please review:

http://tinyurl.com/lpz9z

Article #493: IronPort Anti-Spam Efficacy Checklist Link: http://tools.cisco.com/squish/Aa7E8

Article #472: How do I create RFC-822 MIME encoded attachments? Link: http://tools.cisco.com/squish/E4Fe0

Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

I was already aware that there would not be a response back from submissions.  I also typo in my original post.  The messages are being sent to "not_ads@access.ironport.com".

If they are submitted directly from a Quarantine on the Cisco Ironport box, are the message sent to Cisco IronPort in the proper format or do they need to be released to a mailbox and then forwarded, as an attachment, to the proper address?

Doug