Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on listenerconfig - Domain Mapping

Doug Maxfield
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

We currently use the command "listenerconfig - Domain Mapping" to rewrite some subdomains that we are no longer using.  We are trying to get rid of them permanently and wonder if there is a way to track the email addresses that have been sending to these addresses.  Since it's rewritten at the connection level, if it is in the mail logs, it would be difficult to track down.  Is there any way to track down who might still be using these addresses.

TIA,

Doug

Update:  Doing some testing today for this issue.  If I send the email in using the subdomain and domain mapping rule, I receive the message.  The interesting thing is that I look for the email in the mail_current file and I can't find it.  Since we are use Cloud ES, is there a delay in this log being updated?

Doug

1 Reply 1

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Domain Mapping occurs very early in the email pipeline. 

The mail logs do not show when a domain has been mapped to another domain.

I do see a couple of internal enhancement requests were filed to allow this, however never materialised due to lack of associated requests.

For emails passing through CES the mail_logs should be updated immediately, it would take a few minutes for message tracking to update on the SMA though. You may want to review the headers for the test email to confirm what appliance it passed through and ensure you are logged into the right ESA.

Regards,

Libin