Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SMA offline - SMA upgrade

1) I want to know what happens to the emails that the ESA sends to the centralized quarantine in the SMA, when the SMA is offline.
Are the emails deleted?
Emails are queued at the ESA until the SMA is online?

2)I have the SMA in version 13.0.0-277, and I want to update it to version 13.6.2, but I cannot do it because the SMA indicates "No available upgrades".
How do I update it?
Do I expect Cisco to generate an upgrade path that starts from version 13.0.0-277?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

1. Yes, if the SMA is down, the esa will queue it.
2. You may have to open a TAC case to get an upgrade path built.

View solution in original post

FernandoDiaz1992

A quick check does not show a path from 13.0.0-277. It was just released June 14.
As the previous responder advised, open a TAC case for deeper investigation.
If the SMA is not functioning properly on 13.0.0-277 it should have a TAC case opened.

ESA the cli “tophosts” command should show the mail queued and pending delivery to the SMA if the SMA is not available.
If the level of mails reaches a critical level it would impact the ESA functionality.

Thank you,
Chris A.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SMA is just a Management device, does not do any Actions, most of the action done at WSA / ESA, the only information available in SMA

When the SMA not available, all the reports suppose to SMA will not be able to send to central management and not able to view.

Offline Upgrade is not available as per I know, if the SMA not showing 12.6.2 as an upgrade version you need to step by step upgrade. to get 13.6.x?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

1) Yes, I know that the reports and tracking will be queued in the ESA until the SMA is online, but I want to know what happens to the emails that are sent to the SMA quarantine, if the SMA is offline.Do you know this?

2) The SMA is at version 13.0.0-277, and does not show any version available to update.

1. Yes, if the SMA is down, the esa will queue it.
2. You may have to open a TAC case to get an upgrade path built.

FernandoDiaz1992

A quick check does not show a path from 13.0.0-277. It was just released June 14.
As the previous responder advised, open a TAC case for deeper investigation.
If the SMA is not functioning properly on 13.0.0-277 it should have a TAC case opened.

ESA the cli “tophosts” command should show the mail queued and pending delivery to the SMA if the SMA is not available.
If the level of mails reaches a critical level it would impact the ESA functionality.

Thank you,
Chris A.

Can you tell me what is the recommended version for the SMA?
I see that there are many Releases, but I don't know which one is recommended for the SMA M195 appliance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: