Views
Helpful
Replies

Spam Notification Email address

Ahmad Saad4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We have configured our CES for Content Filter to block attachment files and quarantine the email addresses and we have enabled Quarantine Notification to be sent from spaminfo@mydomin.com to all recipients, however, the Quarantine Notification always comes form this email address :noreply@ces.cisco.com

How can I change this default email address to the one I have configured?

Also, even though we didn't enable "Enable End-User Quarantine Access"  on both ESA (C100V) and SMA (M100V), the user still able to release the quarantined email, how can we disable that.

Is configuring Spam Notification on both C100V & M100V correct setup?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pchakra2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Spam quarantine notifications and Content filter related notifications are two different aspects. When emails get quarantined as spam, that will generate Spam quarantine notifications which will be sent using the email address that you have configured.

For Content Filter notifications, the sender email address is taken up from GUI --> System Admin --> Return Addresses -> In that the Notifications related mail address is taken up as sender to deliver filter related notifications. You may modify that as per choice if you want a specific email address to be sender for filter related notifications.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

pchakra2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Spam quarantine notifications and Content filter related notifications are two different aspects. When emails get quarantined as spam, that will generate Spam quarantine notifications which will be sent using the email address that you have configured.

For Content Filter notifications, the sender email address is taken up from GUI --> System Admin --> Return Addresses -> In that the Notifications related mail address is taken up as sender to deliver filter related notifications. You may modify that as per choice if you want a specific email address to be sender for filter related notifications.

Thanks so much!

pchakra2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also, even though we didn't enable "Enable End-User Quarantine Access"  on both ESA (C100V) and SMA (M100V), the user still able to release the quarantined email, how can we disable that.

Is configuring Spam Notification on both C100V & M100V correct setup?

You may disable the Spam Quarantine Notifications and notifications won't be sent to end-users or you may dis-select the radio button for Enable end-user quarantine access. If the SPAM Quarantine notification is selected and End-User quarantine access is having Authentication Method as "None", then the end-users can release emails from quarantine.

Spam notification needs to be enabled where the SPAM Quarantine resides. If ESA and SMA both have Spam quarantine enabled, ESA's quarantine will have the first priority. You need to enable the spam quarantine notification only in the ESA then.

If you disable spam quarantine in ESA, then ESA will send mails to SMA's spam quarantine. In that scenario, spam quarantine notifications need to be enabled in the SMA

Thanks for your reply!

We have noticed that we haven't had Spam Quarantine Notifications since last week, although Spam Quarantine & Spam Notification are enabled on both ESA & SMA. What could be the reason for that? could it be because we configure Spam Quarantine & Spam Notification on both C100V & M100V ? 

As the Spam quarantine is enabled in the ESA as per the uploaded image, the quarantined emails will be stored in the local ESA. The emails won't be moved to the Centralized Spam quarantine in the SMA.

Please check the quarantine folder in the ESA if there are quarantined emails present. If yes, check on the Notify To Section in the Spam quarantine notification if you are using LDAP. If LDAP is used, maybe if there is communication failure between ESA and AD server the quarantine notifications may not deliver properly.

You may submit a TAC Case for in depth checks and review of the appliance logs on it after the aforementioned checks.

Thanks for your reply!

I've followed your advice on the previous reply. So, I disabled Spam Quarantine on ESA  and enabled it on SMA  with Spam Notifications, and I can see new messages in the Spam Quarantine now!

Thanks once again !