cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Talos change Web reputation from Neutral to Favorable

Cisco4455
Level 1
Level 1

How can I enhance the reputation of the domain liveswitch.com on https://talosintelligence.com to Favorable? Our emails are being blocked by numerous customers utilizing the Cisco email security platform, and after consulting Cisco technical support, I was recommended to initiate a conversation here, considering I am not a Cisco customer.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

hemohemoh
Level 1
Level 1

Hey @Cisco4455 ,

You can try submitting the reputation dispute in https://support.talosintelligence.com/docs/submit-ticket. I believe anyone can submit even if they are not Cisco customer.

Cheers!

Cisco email appliances use the reputation of the sending email server, not the web reputation to decide on emails. You would need to lookup the IP/name of the email server your emails are coming from.

Cisco4455
Level 1
Level 1

@hemohemoh @DustD 
Yes, i submitted a ticket with for Sender Domain Reputation with Talos few month ago and was told that everything is fine. IP is not blacklisted anywhere. 

On Aug 21st  i submitted another ticket for "Sender Domain Reputation check" but from a different cisco account and this time support agent was able to sort it out. 

Got the following response from support and bingo! 
"The domain was impacted due to Talos sensors observing suspicious behavior typically indicative of spamming. This behavior is no longer observed and the reputation has been adjusted accordingly"

Glad to hear it. We see about 40% of out incoming email as spam. We set ours that if your server reputation is -3 or lower, we drop the connection. So the hard part is the company may not be on a blacklist, just not a good reputation.

You may want to look into what triggered the possible spam detection, if your company does any marketing emails, make sure they don't use the same email server as that will trigger it.