Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to send emails to particular domain

amit.aggarwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are not able to send emails to one particular domain from our Ironport C160. I am able to receive emails from this domain. All other domains are working fine. When I go to message tracking I get the below message.

Message 3031317 scanned by engine CASE using cached verdict. 

Message 3031317 scanned by Anti-Virus engine Sophos. Interim verdict: CLEAN 

Message 3031317 scanned by Anti-Virus engine. Final verdict: Negative 

Message 3031317 rewritten as new message 3031319 by add-footer Footer Stamping filter 

Message 3031319 queued for delivery.

After 3 days I receive undelivered email with messasge as

#< #5.0.0 smtp; 5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) 'timeout' (delivery attempts: 0)> #SMTP#

I tried to telnet the remote IP from Ironport, but it fails

telnet: connect to address 123.x.x.x: Operation timed out

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

Please suggest how to trouble shoot the same and rectify the issue.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Doug Maxfield
Level 1
Level 1

To test, you can use the following CLI tool:

CLI: diagnostic (Enter) network (Enter) smtpping (Enter)

When asked for a domain the one you wanna reach, the command       will perform an MX lookup and will ask if it finds such entries.       When asked if to send a message, you can answer No, after that the       tool will try to connect the remote host and perform some simple       checks without actually sending a message.

We used this the other day when Network Solutions was having issues to determine where the problem was.

Doug

When I do the above steps, I get a reply saying it is unable to connect to remote host.

Please suggest

Hi Amit,

Unable to connect to remote host means that a firewall is in the way and blocking the connection. I'd suggest to check your firewall and make sure port 25 outbound for that remote host is enabled.

Regards,

Enrico