cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading C370 from 9.7.1-066 to 10.0-203

mmonocchi
Level 1
Level 1

Wanted to upgrade my appliances but I have some concerns about performance. In the release notes there is a Performance Advisory:

RSA Email DLP
 Enabling RSA Email DLP for outbound messages on an appliance that is already having anti-spam
and anti-virus scanning running on inbound messages can cause a performance degradation of less
than 10%.

• Enabling RSA Email DLP on an appliance that is only running outbound messages and is not
    running anti-spam and anti-virus can cause higher performance degradation as compared to the
    previous scenario.

We fall into the second scenario. Our appliances have 8GB of memory. C370 appliances. 

Has anyone upgraded and experienced performance issues? Is it advisable to wait until the next release?

1 Reply 1

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

It appears as though you're running a C370 with the correct maximum amount of configurable RAM. Unless the ESA is already almost toppling over with its current workload then you should be just fine.

However, to be safe you can review the System Capacity reports in the GUI via Monitor --> System Capacity --> All. 

I would recommend reviewing the capacity reports prior to and after enabling DLP just to confirm you're not overloading the box.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.