vESA URL Filtering

pwe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just configured URL Filtering according to this guide

I created a rule like this:

Condition:

url-reputation(-10.00, -6.00 , "Whitelist_Bad_URLs", 1, 1)

Actions:

log-entry("<===> BAD URL! <===>")
notify("$EnvelopeRecipients", "Mail was quarantined due to policy", "", "GeneralNotification")
quarantine("URL Filter")

But in my Log Files, there is only this:

12 Jul 2018 09:10:20 (GMT +02:00)     Message 348144 scanned by Anti-Virus engine. Final verdict: Negative
12 Jul 2018 09:10:20 (GMT +02:00)     Message 348144 contains attachment 'IMG-20180629-WA0006.jpg'.
12 Jul 2018 09:10:20 (GMT +02:00)     Message 348144 Custom Log Entry: <===> BAD URL! <===>
12 Jul 2018 09:10:20 (GMT +02:00)     Start message 348146 on incoming connection (ICID 0).
12 Jul 2018 09:10:20 (GMT +02:00)     A new message 348146 was generated based on message 348144 by notify filter URL-Link-Filter

On the top of the block "processing details" I have a tab with URL Details. There I can finde the information. It looks different than the instructions. As a result, my HelpDesk Users cant see the tab with the information of which URL is bad.

kind regards

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, Phil.

In that case, I recommend you to open a TAC and fill a feature request.

If you find any documentation stating the HelpDesk role should be able to
get the info about the bad URL, then it is a matter to open a TAC case and
report that as a bug.

Hope you can get to the bottom of this soon.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

suporte2r
Level 1
Level 1

Phil,

I recommend you always add info like:

- version of AsyncOS you are running

- expected behavior verus the behavior you got

The line that shows a new MID with ICID 0 that is the message that your Cisco ESA created to do the Notification action in your filter. If you grep the MID or use Findevent in the CLI you will get more inforation.

Question...did you enable logging URL info? Check image attached OutbreakURLLogging.PNG

I am note entirely sure I understand what you are missing..perhaps you can clarify and we will be happy to assist further.

Regards,

-Valter

Hello,

thanks for the replay.

Im running ESA Version 11.1.0-131 and SMA Version 11.5.0-110 with centralized logging and policies.

At the moment I can see the following:

esa_URL01.png

esa_URL02.png

In the best practices guide, it looks like the the content of the second tab (URL Details) should be in the first tab (Summary).

The real issue is, that the role HelpDesk cant see the URL classified as bad. They only can see the tab "Summary".

Yes, I checked the config and URL Logging is enabled.

kind regards

Phil

Thanks, Phil.

In that case, I recommend you to open a TAC and fill a feature request.

If you find any documentation stating the HelpDesk role should be able to
get the info about the bad URL, then it is a matter to open a TAC case and
report that as a bug.

Hope you can get to the bottom of this soon.

Cheers.