cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP for Endpoints Deployment

moody
Level 1
Level 1

We have 1500 AMP for Endpoints licenses - I just watched a video on deploying them - from what I saw I would need each pc to go to https://console.amp.sourcefire.com portal page and download these individually.

1 - How would I get a login for the sourcefire site (don't have it)

2 - Is there an easier way to deploy this for 1500 users????

40 Replies 40

Hello Francis,

We don't have the release date yet for the MSI file.

Regards

Jetsy 

It's been another half year - will there ever be an MSI for AMP4E connector deployment or are customers on their own for that?

Anything happen with the MSI file?

I cannot access the "make it yourself" document

Please see the attachment in my 05-01-2019 posting further down. It has complete instructions for making an MSI.

Wonderful thank you!

Hi Marvin, I have just one question why is the client interface option disabled? - Does it represent a problem at the time of installation? How could I uninstall the client in this case?

The AMP4E client interface is never used for uninstallation, only to check status and perform an on-demand scan.

You uninstall from the cli or from the Windows Apps and Features user interface.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/sourcefire-fireamp-endpoints/118587-technote-fireamp-00.html#anc7

Michael Proctor
Level 1
Level 1

So, another year since the last post.  Safe to assume there will never be an MSI file for deployment?

Michael,

The demand for an MSI has not been high enough to make it onto our roadmap.  If enough requests from the Account Teams come in, it would be made a priority but that hasn't happened to this point.  They can still be created individually if required.

Thanks,

Matt

How much demand does it take? Is it really that large of an undertaking? When you say created individually, does that mean on my own with third party tools?

I can't speak to how much demand is required to implement a feature.  That would be more appropriate for your Account Team to address.  And yes, I did mean that it can be created using third party tools if an MSI is required.

Thanks,

Matt

I'm sure the demand is high, but likely not getting sent to the account teams or possibly not getting passed along. Any company that has more than a handful of systems and uses central application deployment would benefit, so pretty much any medium to large business using AMP, which is likely most of your customer base.

That's been one of my issues with Cisco, there should be some method for customers to request features beyond going through an account team like Meraki where I can instantaneously make a wish for an enhancement anytime I want.  Almost every major vendor across every industry has ways that customers can make enhancement requests on their own so I'm not sure why a technology industry leader such as Cisco is so late to this party.  It would be easy to port over and add for a cloud product like AMP. 

There doesn't seem to be a way to download the upgraded endpoint package without changing the version in the policy and selecting a deployment date range. We don't want the clients to auto-upgrade themselves at all, we want to control the deployments on our own with our deployment tools.

I can set the deployment date range up to six months in the future, and then I can download the connector and deploy it ourselves. This would probably work, is there no other way to do this?

Our systems team here and myself are requesting an MSI file for SCCM. It makes our deployment method much easier.

Please see the attached instructions to create an MSI file for installation of the AMP for Endpoints connector.

Note it is not an official Cisco-supported procedure nor am I able to support any issues you may have with it. Still, it may help some folks struggling with this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: