Views
Helpful
Replies

Documentation for USB Device Control with Cisco Secure Endpoint

BradMock
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

First, I can't find documentation on how to configure this inside the Secure Endpoint console.

Secondly, are there configuration items that will allow encrypted USB devices to be used vs unencrypted?

Thank you,

B

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I´m sorry, forgot to link the URL.

CLICK HERE to see the Secure Endpoint User Guide, and look for Page 43.

Happy to assist.

--

Pedro M.

View solution in original post

Correct, the Device Insights feature is Admin level privilege, hence if you have a RegularUser with limited view on the console, you won´t see the menu available on your portal. 

--

Pedro M.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

pmedinac
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey @BradMock , thank you for posting.

I have found some useful information on the same Doc you´ve attached / Page 43 "Chapter 3 - Device Control"

There you´ll find the information you may need, as well as the fields you need to keep in mind to use this tool like a champ. Regarding the Encrypted USB devices, as long as the endpoint gets connected a USB device, will be able to apply the Device Control policy.

Be aware that phones and tablets are not supported, probably because of the way how these work, or because of the encryption of these devices.

--

Pedro M.

Thank you Pedro for your reply. I don't see any attachments on this post.

Can you send a link to the document?

I´m sorry, forgot to link the URL.

CLICK HERE to see the Secure Endpoint User Guide, and look for Page 43.

Happy to assist.

--

Pedro M.

Thank you for that! If I'm not seeing Management -> Device Control, would it be because I don't have the level of permissions?

Correct, the Device Insights feature is Admin level privilege, hence if you have a RegularUser with limited view on the console, you won´t see the menu available on your portal. 

--

Pedro M.

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the link to the User Guide, which Pedro was referring to.  Other relevant documentation is available at https://docs.amp.cisco.com/

Thanks,

-Matt