Views
Helpful
Replies

FindIT Software (64 bit) Windows 10 Authenticate Fail

AdlibAaron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! 

I have installed FindIT on a Windows 10 64bit Lenovo thinkpad but when it asks me for my OS credentials it will not accept what I am putting in. I have tried changing my user name and password and entering it but it still comes up with the same authentication fail message. The account is the only one on the computer and its an admin account with full control. I'm lost as to what to do to get it working.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@AdlibAaron

Can you help me to do following tests?

1. Open the 'Command Prompt', and run following command. 

> runas /user:<username> notepad

Please tell me the result.

2. Open the 'Command Prompt', and run following command. 

> runs /user:<Domain>\<username> notepad

You can use your computer's name to replace the <Domain>. And tell me the result.

Please also give detail info of your command window like this.

Jietu20171113-180158@2x.jpg

Thanks,

Aiping

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

aipiliu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@AdlibAaron

Hi AdlibAaron, my name is Aiping. The developer of FindIT Utility. Thanks for you feedback about the Utility. We didn't encountered the same issue before. So, I need more detail info to find the root cause.

1. Can you supply me the Utility's logs? It should have some error messages in the logs. The logs are saved in the folder "{Install Directory}\Cisco Small Business\FindIT\". The file name will be like 'FindITServerxxx.log'. The filename are named by the time. So, the latest log file is enough. Before you sending me the log, please do the same steps again to reproduce this issue. This step will guarantee the according messages to be written to the log file.

2. Can you supply the detail system info about the Windows 10? The information in the following page.

Jietu20171107-114353.jpg

You can supply the above information on the community directly. Or you can send them to my email--aipiliu@cisco.com.

Thanks,

Aiping

Hi Aiping,

I have attached the Log File and screenshot here, hope this helps.

Thank you

Aaroncisco pic.PNG

@AdlibAaron

Hi AdlibAaron,

I checked the log file. And i only found the error message 'The user name or password is incorrect'. By the way, does you OS user is a 'Domain User'?

Thanks,

Aiping

Hi Aiping
As far as I'm aware it's just a standard local administrator account

Thank you
Aaron

@AdlibAaron

Can you help me to do following tests?

1. Open the 'Command Prompt', and run following command. 

> runas /user:<username> notepad

Please tell me the result.

2. Open the 'Command Prompt', and run following command. 

> runs /user:<Domain>\<username> notepad

You can use your computer's name to replace the <Domain>. And tell me the result.

Please also give detail info of your command window like this.

Jietu20171113-180158@2x.jpg

Thanks,

Aiping

Hi Aiping,

It's sorted now, turns out I was putting in the wrong username, the name display when I login to windows 10 is not the username for my account apparently.

Thank you for your help

Aaron

@AdlibAaron

Great. You can ask us any questions and we will supply you help.

Thanks,

Aiping

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: