Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Firewalls Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

ASA show access-list

Using OS Code: 9.10(1)27

When I do show access-list it gives me output with ACLs having object-groups in source and destination however under that it also list the IPs covered under that object group. I do not want that detailed listing and only the ACLs.

Which syntax can help solve the issue?

Example:

access-list FROM_INSIDE line 210 extended permit tcp object-group TEST object-group TEST2 eq domain log informational interval 300 (hitcnt=579365) 0xf1ddea09
access-list FROM_INSIDE line 210 extended permit tcp host 10.10.11.38 host 172.16.16.34 eq domain log informational interval 300 (hitcnt=0) 0xd70b150e
access-list FROM_INSIDE line 210 extended permit tcp host 10.10.11.38 host 172.16.16.36 eq domain log informational interval 300 (hitcnt=577245) 0x9f14c919
access-list FROM_INSIDE line 211 extended permit udp object-group TEST object-group TEST2 eq domain log informational interval 300 (hitcnt=233) 0x8e1fe74c
access-list FROM_INSIDE line 211 extended permit udp host 10.10.11.38 host 172.16.16.34 eq domain log informational interval 300 (hitcnt=0) 0x499db61a
access-list FROM_INSIDE line 211 extended permit udp host 10.10.11.38 host 172.16.16.36 eq domain log informational interval 300 (hitcnt=233) 0xa10ea8f2

Want to get rid of line 2,3,5,6 in the output.

5 REPLIES 5
VIP Advisor

Re: ASA show access-list

Hi there,

If you don't want the ACL expansion, why not just use sh run | inc access-list

cheers,

Seb.

Beginner

2 Reasons
1 ) I want to filter out all ACLs with DNS and when I tried "sh run | incl access-list | incl domain" it does not work as expected.
2 ) I also want to see hit counts on ACLs which "show run" does not shows.
VIP Advisor

After the initial pipe ( | ) any subsequent vertical bar is interpreted as a logical OR.

You could try sh run access-list | inc domain

Unfortunately there are no attributes you could regex which would exclude the expanded ACL output. Something like:

^\s{2}access-list

...would work great! As it is, if you want hit counts you have to use sh access-list. You could always export the output to a text handler which is more regex compliant?

cheers,

Seb.

Beginner

That's what I am doing , get output from show access-list | incl domain , copy in notepad and remove the undesired parts. Thought there might be a automated workaround for this.

Highlighted
VIP Advisor

You mention notepad so you must be using windows. If you have access to Linux, the process can be achieved with the following command:

grep -v '^\s\saccess-list' acl_input.txt  > acl_output.txt

acl_input.txt would contain:

access-list foobar line 1 ext permit object-group FOO …
  access-list foobar line 1 ext permit 192.168.1.1 …
  access-list foobar line 1 ext permit 192.168.1.2 …

..the resulting output (acl_output.txt) would contain just:

access-list foobar line 1 ext permit object-group FOO …

I know Notepad++ support regex search, you might be able to leverage that to produce the output. Or just spin up a Linux VM.

cheers,

Seb.

Everyone's tags (1)
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here