cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.2

jm.virtual01
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Cisco ISE 2.2, i am facing a problem while connecting the multiple phones with a phone system. In my network, i am using multi-domain, multi-host and multi-auth as per the requirements. So far i know, all these authentication modes supports only one voice domain. 

But as per my clients' requirements, we have a phone system and behind the phone system multiple phones are connected and all are using the voice domain.

How can i accommodate multiple voice device on one interface and can authenticate?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

?The port connected behind a phone, usually used by a PC, is a pass through port as far as i know. If you connect another phone behind it, I do not see why it should not work. I would suggest you post this question on the Voice community to get an accurate answer on whether a phone to phone system is supported or not.

>From the authentication perspective, multi-auth will authenticate all the clients connected a port, behind a phone system behind a phone system or a bunch of clients connected behind an IP phone using a hub or a switch.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
No matter which mode you use, you can only have one voice VLAN at any point of given point of time on an access port. If your goal is to just authenticate them all in the same vlan then use multi-auth and push device-class-traffic to voice from the ISE. If you are trying to allocate different voice vlans to different phones, it is not possible.

The Voice vlan is same. I am talking about the multiple phones are connected through the phone system. All the phones are in same voice vlan.

?The port connected behind a phone, usually used by a PC, is a pass through port as far as i know. If you connect another phone behind it, I do not see why it should not work. I would suggest you post this question on the Voice community to get an accurate answer on whether a phone to phone system is supported or not.

>From the authentication perspective, multi-auth will authenticate all the clients connected a port, behind a phone system behind a phone system or a bunch of clients connected behind an IP phone using a hub or a switch.