Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - TACACS custom attributes with APIC

iagyte
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For a customer POC, I have a question relating to what the custom attribute should look like for users accounts authenticating from an APIC GUI to ISE using Tacacs.

I have configured the network devices with a network device group, configured the Tacacs Profiles and configured the device admin policy sets. Based on searches, I’ve tried the following cisco av-pair=shell:domains = all/admin/,common//read-all and is not working.

Anyone able to share what the Profile Attributes that are required in a raw view format in the TACACS Profile? This would be simple if it was IOS with shell and privilege levels, but APIC is a web based GUI.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Ian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul
Level 10
Level 10

In APIC you should see the roles you can assign on the Admin->Security Management->Roles screen.  The admin role is used to grant full access.  The read-all role is used for read-only access.

In ISE you assign a RAW profile result t assign the role:

shell:domains = all/admin/

or

shell:domains = all/read-all/

Note: the training slash has to be there for it to work.  If you have multiple domains you can control access to the domains instead of saying "all" you would specify the domain they have access to.  I haven't played around with multiple domains before in APIC and control their access but it should work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ian,

Please check out the following article and stick to the format when you configure cisco-av-pair

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/kb/b_KB_Configuring_TACACS_RADIUS_LDAP_for_ACI_Access.html#task_D0D8572AB60745F1BFEFE0A2800A1749

I am not sure if APIC supports this for all domains. First try giving specific domains and observe the behavior. If there is any logs in APIC turn it on.

Try RADIUS as well to isolate issue with attributes.

Thanks

Krishnan

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCve33558 might have an impact.

paul
Level 10
Level 10

In APIC you should see the roles you can assign on the Admin->Security Management->Roles screen.  The admin role is used to grant full access.  The read-all role is used for read-only access.

In ISE you assign a RAW profile result t assign the role:

shell:domains = all/admin/

or

shell:domains = all/read-all/

Note: the training slash has to be there for it to work.  If you have multiple domains you can control access to the domains instead of saying "all" you would specify the domain they have access to.  I haven't played around with multiple domains before in APIC and control their access but it should work.

Thank you so much for posting this out here!

I've been digging through Cisco documentation like crazy and not finding what we needed for the AV-Pair for the APIC's.

Thanks again!