Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Centralized Network Controler (CNC) Software for TSN

DamirHamidovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to use TSN feature on Cisco IE 4000 switch. According to TSN documentation for IE 4000,  I need to use a CNC software which is provided by Cisco in order to create TSN schedules. However, I can't find any information about installing this software. Could anyone provide me this software and installation guide?

Thank you!

Damir Hamidovic

6 Replies 6

Albert Mitchell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Damir,

before sharing the Cisco TSN CNC, please answer a few questions

- who is this for?   what company do you work for?

- what are you hoping to achieve?

- what end devices do you have?   the end devices must support IEEE 802.1Qbv for scheduled transmission.  you must be able to completely control Ethernet frame transmission from the end devices. 

Hello Albert,

I am working at Silicon Austria Labs GmbH, Austria, as a scientist in the field of wireless communications. We have recently bought a Cisco IE 4000 switch in order to make a relatively simple industrial test-case for a guaranteed latency, to measure performance and compare it with the case where a switch without TSN features is used. All investigations are for research purposes.
As an end device, we do not have a fixed plan for now, but it could be a Linux laptop for example.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Damir

hello,

the Cisco TSN solution will only work if you can get the linux laptop to follow 802.1Qbv.  on time packet transmission based on a cycle of 1 second or less.  without that it wont' work.

also teh Cisco TSN solution does not support guardbanding.   if you test teh end to end flow latency with heavy network flooding, you will see the TSN frames arrive at destination with a range of 1 MTU time.

the Cisco CNC SW application requires Ubuntu Linux.

Hello Albert,

OK, thank you for the clarification, but how can I get Cisco CNC SW, so that I can configure the TSN flows, because I cannot do it without Cisco CNC SW, as mentioned in the manual for TSN Switch IE 4000.
Could you please provide me that software and the installation and user guide or guide me where exactly I can get that software.

Thank you,

Damir

Hi Albert,

how can we obtain the Cisco CNC Software? We have already IE4000 switches with TSN enabled but we don't have this piece of software.

Hello, Is the Cisco CNC Software still available somewhere? We are also trying to evaluate TSN on IE4000s.

If not, are there any alternatives?