Views
Helpful
Replies

64 bit Powershell with 32 bit Tidal

Justin Iler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I'm wondering if someone could assist me. Here is my scenario:

• I have a powershell script that is performing a P2Vof a server. It runs locally on the tidal server and connectes to the SCVMM server to perform the P2V.
  • I have a batch script that calls this P2V script
  • When I run the powershell script locally on the Tidal server it works fine and the P2V is created
  • When I run the batch file that calls the powershell script it works fine and the P2V is created
  • I created a Tidal job and pointed to the batch file. The job runs but the P2V isn't created
  • I have added some debugging into the powershell script which is dumping stuff into a text file so I know the powershell script is running
  • It seems like the script is functioning fine except when it comes to the P2V creation portion

I have read other posts and it seems to me the issue may be in that my powershell script has to use a 64 bit SCVMM snapin which means I have to use the 64 bit version of powershell. Tidal is a 32 bit application so I think its having an issue using the SCVMM snapin even though its calling the 64 bit powershell version.

Does anyone have any suggestions I can try to get around this?

2 Replies 2

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

Is your server 64 bit?

what are your tsagent.ini settings for on the server? this can have an impact on quotes and powershell in particular

our is

[config]

substticks=n

you could specify the 32bit version of Powershell if you needed to on the command line

%SystemRoot%\syswow64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

My server is 64 bit. Remember that I do have a batch file that is calling the powershell script and is working correctly when I run it locally.

Unfortunately I can't use the 32 bit Powershell version with this particular script as it has to load the SCVMM snapin which can only be run using the 64 bit Powershell.