cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Recall same activity (Sub process) if time out error occurs ??

msivarami3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

how to recall activity/subprocess if error occurs for activiy ???

My use case is : I need to make vCO call from cpo (either using Webtarget or using Windows Powershell Script Activity) . if time out error occurs i need to make same call again . Can any one please help on this .

Thanks

SivaRam.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no inherently built in "recall" however this is not hard to do through content authoring.

If you believe this activity to fail a lot then I would do this...

*Setup a local boolean variable, default to false

*Set a while-loop to run while that local boolean is false

*When the activity runs if it's state is Succeeded or Not failed then set the boolean to true

That should accomplish what you want, however following a best practice I would be a max retry on there to limit the number of times it would attempt before you need to alert yourself that there could be an actual issue.

-shaun

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no inherently built in "recall" however this is not hard to do through content authoring.

If you believe this activity to fail a lot then I would do this...

*Setup a local boolean variable, default to false

*Set a while-loop to run while that local boolean is false

*When the activity runs if it's state is Succeeded or Not failed then set the boolean to true

That should accomplish what you want, however following a best practice I would be a max retry on there to limit the number of times it would attempt before you need to alert yourself that there could be an actual issue.

-shaun

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: