cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to Use webtarget

msivarami3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , Can some once explain how to use webtarget and which acivty use to run Powershell script on the webtarget ??

My use case is

> i need to make a webtarget for vCO .

> i need to run powerShell script on that webtarget to run vCO process usin Soap API.

> What are the Best Practices when using Webtargets ???

Thanks

SivaRam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Web Targets are not used with Powershell.

The execute powershell script only executes against a windows target. If you are executing VMWARE type Powershell CLI, you should execute the powershell script against your CPO box, and then make connections call to your VMware setup using the CLI and then run the CLI commands.

Web targets are find to call soap APIs, web scrape, call web services, etc, but are not meant to call powershell scripts.

If you have an issue please open a case with TAC or at least let us know who you are with and where you using CPO. I see you as a guest user... are you with Cisco??? Or a partner or ?

thanks,

-Shaun Roberts

CPO/CIAC Support Team Lead

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Web Targets are not used with Powershell.

The execute powershell script only executes against a windows target. If you are executing VMWARE type Powershell CLI, you should execute the powershell script against your CPO box, and then make connections call to your VMware setup using the CLI and then run the CLI commands.

Web targets are find to call soap APIs, web scrape, call web services, etc, but are not meant to call powershell scripts.

If you have an issue please open a case with TAC or at least let us know who you are with and where you using CPO. I see you as a guest user... are you with Cisco??? Or a partner or ?

thanks,

-Shaun Roberts

CPO/CIAC Support Team Lead

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Hi Chris ,

thanx for u r reply . i understood now as i was new to this tool i  was confused .

My question is we have VCO SOAP API  and we need to acess it through Microsoft powershell script .

Can u plz let me know what is the activity to use for running the Powershell script.

Thanks

Raj.

Hi Chris ,

we are recently atended for a CIAC training conducted by cisco as a patner and we are doing Practice bcz as a cisco patner there were some prj's in pipeline.

If you need to use powershell then you *must* use the "Execute Windows Powershell Script" activity. Again, like I said above (and how most do it with vCD or other powershell CLI based vmware components). You make the CPO server your windows target and you use the CLI to connect to your vCD and then run the scripts. This is fully customized and is something support does not really know much about or do.

If you need to dive in this further, I suggest you contact Cisco Advanced Services for assistance.

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: