Views
Helpful
Replies

Need carriage return in the Email message

sakshirajawat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any way to add carriage return into the Email message body? Though I am clicking 'enter' into the message definition but when I recieve that mail, it all comes in a single line.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I sometimes get the same behaviour (TES 6.x), and the workarround that i've found is to edit the email action and simply hit enter on each line within the action so to make a new empty line between each line and the next one.. you can hit del to bring the line back .

in other words, put your curser on the end of each line in the action and hit enter then follow it by del.. repeat for all of your lines withn the action.. save it and then try again.. that at least worked for me .. hope it will for you as well

Good luck

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

sakshirajawat
Level 1
Level 1

May I please get a solution for this, it is quite urgent and important.

What Version are you on? and Operating System for Master?

This should work

We have standard email templates with multiple lines example:

============ Job Details ============

Job Run Id:
Job Parent:
Job Name:

etc..

Ours also works correctly as Marc shows.  I do not know how Tidal determines end of line or carriage return, but I went into the database and the only thing I noticed is 2 spaces where we indicated cr.

try putting 2 spaces at the end of the line along with carriage return in your definition.

Tried with 2 spaces, still not working.

This is how I am defining it:

%URGENCY= 3 

%NO_OF_USERS= 4 

%RECORDED_METHOD= 400019 

%SUMMARY=

and this is what comes in mail:

%URGENCY= 3 %NO_OF_USERS= 4 %RECORDED_METHOD= 400019 %SUMMARY= X_SPC_YBMM0016_UBSRBPOSS-P

This is quite hardcoded and I need the '%' signs in the format, so can't remove them. But need every variable to be in different line.

I put that code in and got what I think you are expecting (looks the same on my mobile as well)

%URGENCY= 3

%NO_OF_USERS= 4

%RECORDED_METHOD= 400019

%SUMMARY= EmailTest

What email client are you using (we are using outlook)

Tidal sends as SMTP plain text

You may have mail settings on your local email client that impact the viewing of these emails

We too are using outlook only, still not getting the expected output mail.

I am at tidal 5.3

I sometimes get the same behaviour (TES 6.x), and the workarround that i've found is to edit the email action and simply hit enter on each line within the action so to make a new empty line between each line and the next one.. you can hit del to bring the line back .

in other words, put your curser on the end of each line in the action and hit enter then follow it by del.. repeat for all of your lines withn the action.. save it and then try again.. that at least worked for me .. hope it will for you as well

Good luck

Wow, it worked !!

Thanks a lotttt Rami

Wow is right!!!

Great job Rami!!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card