Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding Calendar Expiry in Tidal Enterprise Scheduler

pasharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

While checking the Tidal Admiral DB i found that the Table evntmst contains a column evntmst_untildt which contains information about the Last possible calendar date to include. If the date mentioned is 31st DEC 2013 does it means after this date the Calendar will get expire? if so how to change the expiration date.

Thanks.     

Parul.          

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The data model says that field is Last possible calendar date to include

Looking at our dates in our database I would say that that field isn't used for either calculation or expiraiton.

I think Cisco TAC would have to comment further, but if I were to bet... I would say that it was obsoleted...

I just created a calendar in our dev environment and heres what I found:

evntmst_untildt        <--- looks like this stores the calculated date 3 years out to the end of that year

2016-12-31 00:00:00.000

evntmst_lstcmptm   <-- last Last time dates for this calendar were compiled

2013-09-11 11:43:50.000

if Calendars did expire it would create huge operational headaches..
How would you even know what the value is as I don't think that field is exposed through the GUI

From a best practices/maintenance perspective

We calculate all our calendards annually in december to project out the date 3 years

Marc

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

You should recalculate your calendars ...you can do this manually of with an API

right click - re-calculate (or update dates if it is a list calendar)

This should calculate for the current year and the next three years. 

try one of the default ones first in a dev environment to see the behavior.

Marc

Thanks for your response Marc, The forcasted date if differing from the untill date I am not sure if this is an expected behavior? I will try recalculating the date so does that mean we need to monitore the untill date and planned an activity to recalculate the calander?

Thanks,

Parul

The data model says that field is Last possible calendar date to include

Looking at our dates in our database I would say that that field isn't used for either calculation or expiraiton.

I think Cisco TAC would have to comment further, but if I were to bet... I would say that it was obsoleted...

I just created a calendar in our dev environment and heres what I found:

evntmst_untildt        <--- looks like this stores the calculated date 3 years out to the end of that year

2016-12-31 00:00:00.000

evntmst_lstcmptm   <-- last Last time dates for this calendar were compiled

2013-09-11 11:43:50.000

if Calendars did expire it would create huge operational headaches..
How would you even know what the value is as I don't think that field is exposed through the GUI

From a best practices/maintenance perspective

We calculate all our calendards annually in december to project out the date 3 years

Marc

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card