Views
Helpful
Replies

Reporting on Accounting Code

Chad Slater
Level 1
Level 1

Reporting on Accounting Code

Is there a way to report on the accounting code that is tied to each service? We would like to track the service owners for services inside RequestCenter but have not found a good way. One idea was to store the information in the Accounting Code field. I was able to use this field to meet our needs but we would like to be able to run a report each month (using Advanced Reporting) that lists the Service Name and the Accounting Code so we know who owns each service. I'm also open to any other suggestions for storing the service owner in another field as long as it is reportable. Thank you!

5 Replies 5

Accounting Code is not a reportable field. In fact, it is removed from ServiceDesigner in the 2008 release, so this is not a good field to use. Is the service owner an individual user or a service team? I ask because you can report on the name of the service team that owns the service group in which the service resides.

Song Bac Toh
Level 1
Level 1

Have you considered using a reportable dictionary to keep track of these additional fields?  You can join them to your service requests in the report.

If those fields are not interesting to service delivery team members and the requestors, you can just hide them in RequestCenter for all the moments.  Hidden reportable dictionary fields are still available for you to create reports against.

Chad Slater
Level 1
Level 1

The service owner would be considered an individual user. We would also need to keep track of the service designer responsible for maintaining the service. I certainly won't be using Accounting Code now. Is there any other field you can recommend to hold this information?

Chad Slater
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both for you responses. We are going to try to add a hidden reportable dictionary field.

Unfortunately,  there are no other unused fields that are part of the list of  reportable Service dimensions.

Another completely different  approach would be to use a custom Role. It doesn't make it reportable,  but at least it would create the ability to go to one place in the UI  (OrganizationDesigner) to view service owner information.

(1)  Create a custom Role named Service Owner <Group Name>, for  example.

(2) Give the Role permission to design services in all  Service Groups