cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Running Tidal 5.3.1 on Windows Server 2008

Bncollege1
Level 1
Level 1

Can TES version 5.3.1 run on Windows Server 2008 ?

5 Replies 5

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

Master, Backup, FT, and Agent can all run on win2008

win2008 r2 shouldn't be a problem (we run 64 bit win2008)

thanks for your reply

Hi, Marc,

I have just mirrored Tidal on Windows 2008 and when I tried to open Tidal service manager I am getting the following error:

This application has failed to start because netui2.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

My TES version is 5.3.1 and the dll product version is 5.00.2134.1.

I was able to open the client. However, some jobs automatically skipped and some just kicked off.

Please adivse.

Thanks!

I don't think that is related to Tidal... sounds like you O/S has bad install

How did you mirror? There should be no need to mirror your server (usually is more trouble than it is worth ... certainly in this case)

Below assumes you have all the right privileges and authority on database and server and aren't running FT. Use a new server build Windows 2008 or 2008 R2  build (whatever your corporate standard is). You should also document your own detailed steps in a test env first or have Cisco Tidal Technicians assist you depending on your comfort level.

I forget the exact steps for a parallel instance install but it should go something like this:

1. Rename your 5.3.1 Admiral database to something else Admiral_Orig
  2. Install Tidal like a brand new install on new target server
  3. Create the default admiral
  4. Tidal Master Services start as part of install I believe
  5. Stop Tidal Master Services after verification you have a valid environment (review logs)
  6. Rename Admiral database to Admiral_Blank
  7. Rename Admiral_Orig database to Admiral
  8. Start Tidal Master Services, review logs
  9. You should be rocking on your new hardware.

Hi, Marc,

I have just mirrored Tidal on Windows 2008 and when I tried to open Tidal service manager I am getting the following error:

This application has failed to start because netui2.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

My TES version is 5.3.1 and the dll product version is 5.00.2134.1.

I was able to open the client. However, some jobs automatically skipped and some just kicked off.

Please adivse.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: