cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tidal Mass Updates

bruced63
Beginner
Beginner

I have a situation where there are 300+ Tidal jobs defined to run on a particular agent/adapter.  I need to move 200 of them to a different agent/adapter.  Is there an easy way to do this without having to open each job up one at a time?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can also make use of the SACMD utility which allows for batch processing (mass updates).

Step 1.

The command can be as simple as: modrule -i job_ID -h agent_name

Step 2.

Insert the command above into a text file, and insert additional command lines as needed for each job ID

Step 3.

Now to run the batch file, type: sacmd file filepath_of_text file

Step 4.

Kick back, relax, and enjoy the popcorn!!!

Best,

Derrick Au

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Robert Gardner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Bruce

There is no native way using the client to change that many jobs to a different agent unless those jobs were inheriting the agent from a parent group.

Bob

You can also make use of the SACMD utility which allows for batch processing (mass updates).

Step 1.

The command can be as simple as: modrule -i job_ID -h agent_name

Step 2.

Insert the command above into a text file, and insert additional command lines as needed for each job ID

Step 3.

Now to run the batch file, type: sacmd file filepath_of_text file

Step 4.

Kick back, relax, and enjoy the popcorn!!!

Best,

Derrick Au

Thank you so much, Derrick.  That worked perfectly.

Sincerely,

Bruce

tony.rice
Beginner
Beginner

If you have the 6.3 transport utility, you could export all the definitions, update the agent and re-import the updated XML, no?

That sounds doable.  I'm going to look into that further.

Thanks,

Bruce

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: