Views
Helpful
Replies

VM Friendly Name

florentd2si
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think I found a problem in CIAC 3.1 with the form to order VMs from template. You have to choose the Guest Operating System and after the template. The selection of this template use a select on Friendly Name and not on VMTemplateName. So the Friendly Name for a VM will be the same as the display name of a template and all VMs created with the same template will have the same Friendly Name.

Also, if you have 2 or more template with the same Display Name, there will a problem with the 4 rules based on the Friendly Name

(ex: Set VMTemplate based on Display Name will return all templates with the same Display Name)

What are your though about that?

1 Reply 1

lruelle
Level 1
Level 1

I'm agree with Florent;

So, due to behind

During provisioning of the VM that one is a TempVM, so the name and ComputerName of the SI is the Real name

But after provisioning, the same VM is name by its UID, the ComputerName is still the hostname, but the FriendlyName is the desc of the template !!

For all of our client which implement CIAC for private cloud or public cloud, they want to let the customer choose ist own FriendlyName (alias) of the VM.

So for my point of view,

1/The FriendlyName should be editable in the form,

2/ ...and not be a key in any Active rules.

3/ The portlet "My Server" should present de Comptername & FriendlyName.

4/FriendlyName will propably not be unique

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: