cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1-way audio with new jabber deployment

pc555
Level 1
Level 1

Since IP comm is end of support we have deployed jabber and for the most part its been a breeze. I do have one problem child agent. Whenever he is on jabber there is only oneway audio he can hear the callers, but the callers cannot hear him, switches back to IP comm and the problem goes away. I keep pouring over the network speeds and latencies all are within acceptable ranges. 

I have confirmed his audio settings in Jabber are correct, ive reset his jabber. Nothing seems to help, went into CUCM and looked both his CIPC and jabber phones were showing registered. Deleted the CIPC phone, to test and see if maybe CUCM was hanging up. No change, go in and rebuild his CIPC phone so he can log into IP comm and continue to work. Now neither works. Both IP Comm and Jabber are both doing the same thing. 

When in the various sound wizards, I can see the computer picking up audio from his mic, but still nothing. 

*** EDIT:  got it fixed ended up having to turn off and turn back on to allow executive control of the device in the audio settings.***

1 Reply 1

korkiatcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I was facing this issue before, most of the time is about networking. try below.

- firewall block between 2 jabbers and (if possible) run Wireshark on PC to see the bad traffic.

- try calling to another destination in different vlan.