cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2911 licenses for SRST functionality

gp1200x
Level 2
Level 2

We have a used 2911 router that we want to use for one of our new small sites as a backup to our central site CMs just in case the fibers to this site are all cut. The 2911 has no licenses except for ipbasek9. This site only has a few users (4) so we were only going to install a 4 port VIC2-FXO to use for a single 911 line and a single POT line for dailing out just in case they go offline. After I installed the card I saw the licensing issues and the fact that it had no PVDM3 card. What do I need to order to have this useable as an SRST with these two POT lines?  From what I have read it seems I can get away with a PVDM3-16 or a PVDM3-32 for the DSP (already have a 4 port VIC2-FXO for the 2 POTs lines) but I still need the licensing. I activated the temporary uck9 but it did no good since I have no DSP. yet. Can I just order FL-CME-SRST-5 for this router to get me going or is that not enough? Do I need any other software licensing? I already loaded the new code and the memory appears sufficient on the router.  This router will probably never be used for anything else. I plan on trying to duplicate the configuration that was done on our 2921 routers at similiar sites with minimal configuration changes. Thanks Paul

1 Reply 1

gp1200x
Level 2
Level 2

From what I read it appears I also need an SL-29-UC-K9 license too. I think I am set.