cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7941 Soft key's not changing from on hook to off hook keys

jjohnson1980
Level 1
Level 1

We are having a sporadic problem with softkeys on one phone (7941). Periodically the soft keys dont change when on a call, which means the user does not have access to the hold, transfer, conf buttons. Instead the softkeys remain as they should when the phone is on-hook (redial, call forward, pickup, etc.) This does not happen with every call.

The issue was reported quite a while ago before significant changes were made to environment. Since then we have replaced the phone, her phones firmware, the router at that location, upgraded the router IOS at that location, the router IOS at the HQ, and both CallManagers have been fully upgraded and replaced with newer servers. There isn't anything else to physically replace and I don't see anything wrong with her configuration. Help..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How does the user answer calls?  The reason I ask this is I've seen this when users answer calls be pressing the line button instead of the softkey or going offhook (headset, handset, speaker).  If the user accidentally presses the line button twice the call display will change and you'll see the onhook softkey set, press the line button again and you'll see hold, transfer, etc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How does the user answer calls?  The reason I ask this is I've seen this when users answer calls be pressing the line button instead of the softkey or going offhook (headset, handset, speaker).  If the user accidentally presses the line button twice the call display will change and you'll see the onhook softkey set, press the line button again and you'll see hold, transfer, etc.

This was exactly the problem. Thanks for the fix!

You're welcome.  Also don't forget to mark the question as answered for others to easily find.

jjohnson1980
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I am going to check on this and get back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: