Views
Helpful
Replies

7942 WEB access problem

Ahmed Fathy
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

We have a call manager version 8.6.2 ,The problem is we can't open phones 7942 through web page,when I press on the IP address for the phone ,I got a message from the browser that internet explorer can't display the webpage.

Troubleshooting steps:

1-Enabled WEB access on phones 7942 using BAT tools.

2-We upgraded 7942 phones to latest firmware (SCCP42.9-3-1SR2-1S)

3-Try to use another browser chrome and opera but problem still exist

I can open any phones except this model,Any Idea?

Thanks,

Ahmed Fathy

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you ping the phone ?

I can ping the phone but when I telnet to the IP address using port 80 ,I received below error

Connecting To X...Could not open connection to the host, on port 80: C

onnect failed

Hi Ahmed,

If the phone(s) have an ITL Issue then they will not accept the updated phone config telling it to enable it's web server. I suggest you remove the ITL File from one of the phones, and after it reboots see if the web server is accesable then.

Akhil Behl (Author of "Securing Cisco IP Telephony Networks") and myself are hosting a series of Webinar sessions covering endpoint security. This will include Security by Default, I recommend you joint the session(s) if you can:

http://events.unifiedfx.com

Enroll for Unified FX’s FREE Educational seminars on The Essentials of Endpoint Security & Compliance

• Session 1: The Impact of Security by Default (5th Sept)
• Session 2: Understanding and Managing ITL & CTL Files (12th Sept)
• Session 3: Leading Practices for Endpoint Security & Compliance (19th Sept)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: