cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7945 Error booting when trying to upgrade firmware

jefferymitchell
Level 1
Level 1

We recently uploaded the latest device pack for call manager ver 9.1.2. The firmware version in call manager for the 7945 phones SCCP45.9-4-2SR1-1S is the same version that was in callmanager before the upload. I am know seeing phone that are being rebooted that had ver. SCCP45.9-3-1SR4-1S error trying to upgrade to ver 9-4. Even though the device default page showed no change do I still have to go in and press "save" after the upload?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Jeffrey,

You are supposed to install the device pack on all the servers in the cluster followed by a reboot.

configuration files do not get pushed to server's it has to be uploaded and installed on the servers. Pls install it on all the servers followed by  a cluster reboot. 

-Venkatesh

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

The device pack installation upgrades all the phone type it has to the latest version of firmware.

to see the difference before the device pack installation you can have a copy of device default page and compare the same post the device pack installation.

i would suggest you can wait for the upgrade as there should not be an issue with this.

however if you want to revert to your previous firmware version, you can just simply copy the firmware such as "SCCP45.9-4-2SR1-1S" and paste it on 7945 section under the device default, this would revert the config of that particular phone type Or you can simply copy paste the phone load under the device specific configuration page.

-Venkatesh.

P.S Pls rate helpful post.

I recorded the devices firmware version prior to uploading the device pack apparently it was the latest version because I do not see any changes on the device default page. I should include that at the end of the boot process a message on the phone states that the "File Not Found SCCP45.9-4-2SR1-1S

if you are seeing the error as "File Not Found SCCP45", then probable the phone can not reach tftp server to get its config file.

have you performed a cluster reboot post the device pack installation ?

do you see the difference of loads for other phone types in the device-default page ?

Yes I did the cluster reboot. There were no changes on the device default page I took a snapshot to compare and found that there were no changes. I tried to copy and paste the old ver 9-3 when I pushed "save" the screen went blank and never returned. so I had to back out and re opened call manager when I went back to the device default page it did not take the older version the newest version was still in place.

can you check if you have installed the .cop file for 7945.

also let me know if you perform a cluster reboot once. 

I uploaded the device pack to the publisher and rebooted all 3 subscribers. Apparently the subscribers did not load the software. I checked tftp Management and the upgraded firmware is not showing. This is why I get the error file not found. Is the publisher suppose to push the new firmware to all the subscribers as well as the new devices in the device pack? We have determined that we will upload the device pack to each subscriber as well.

Hey Jeffrey,

You are supposed to install the device pack on all the servers in the cluster followed by a reboot.

configuration files do not get pushed to server's it has to be uploaded and installed on the servers. Pls install it on all the servers followed by  a cluster reboot. 

-Venkatesh

jefferymitchell
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks Venperum.