cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8.6.2.22030-1 Unrestricted to Restricted

mike_kale
Level 1
Level 1

Any thoughts on the best way to get from Unrestricted to Restricted?  My inactive partition is 8.6.2.20000-2 restricted, so I know I can roll back to it then apply the restricted version as an upgrade.  My issue is that a large number of changes have been made since the unrestricted version was applied and we would prefer to avoid the challange of reapplying all of these changes. 

I have been looking at the BAT Import/Export feature and would like to hear any feedback others have experienced with importing.  If duplicates exist does the tool fail on that record and move on?  Is there any order that must be followed if I select all types on the export, will the import of the tar file structure follow the correct order for creating new records?

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can roll back to the previous 8.6 Restricted version in the inactive partition and then upgrade to 8.6.2 Restricted. To roll back to the old version, use "utils system switch-version" CLI command on the CUCM server. The server should reboot after this command is entered and it should come up with 8.6.1 Restricted. Confirm using "show version active" on the CLI.

If you have done any new config changes on the 8.6 Unrestricted version, those changes will be lost when you roll back the version to 8.6 Restricted.

It is possible to import the configuration from unrestricted to  restricted version using BAT.

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can roll back to the previous 8.6 Restricted version in the inactive partition and then upgrade to 8.6.2 Restricted. To roll back to the old version, use "utils system switch-version" CLI command on the CUCM server. The server should reboot after this command is entered and it should come up with 8.6.1 Restricted. Confirm using "show version active" on the CLI.

If you have done any new config changes on the 8.6 Unrestricted version, those changes will be lost when you roll back the version to 8.6 Restricted.

It is possible to import the configuration from unrestricted to  restricted version using BAT.

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

When using the BAT import utility to import the configuration, are there any caveats with "select all"?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: