Views
Helpful
Replies

8841 not showing presence status

Tobias Bachetta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone!

I have the problem that our new 8841 phone is not showing the presence status of called users.

We have CUCM 10.5.1.10000-7, presence is working fine with Cisco Jabber.

8841 ip phone has the firmware 10-3-1-20

What do we have to do to enable the phone to see the presence status of the users?

The phone and the line is connected to a user like Cisco Jabber CSF. 

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Do other phones show presence OK?

If so then maybe you have missed off the 'SUBSCRIBE' CSS - this should be set to one that includes the partition containing the lines you want to monitor.

Check a working phone, and assign the CSS that is assigned to that phone - also if you are using EM, you must set the SUBSCRIBE CSS on the end user that is logging in as well.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Do other phones show presence OK?

If so then maybe you have missed off the 'SUBSCRIBE' CSS - this should be set to one that includes the partition containing the lines you want to monitor.

Check a working phone, and assign the CSS that is assigned to that phone - also if you are using EM, you must set the SUBSCRIBE CSS on the end user that is logging in as well.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you for the quick answer!

This is our first phone with presence feature, so I didnt know about the subscribe CSS because we never used it before. :)

Have a nice day!

Tobias

Thanks Tobias, happy to help :-)

Hello Aaron, this is an old post but I hope you still around, i am currently having this issue with 8845's, and i do have them configured with CSS but still seen the users "Offline" the interesting part here is that i have multiple 8945 and those i can see their presence status but none of the 8845 are shown, i currently have a cisco tac ticket opened but seems impossible for them to find the fix.

Quote here...our environment consist in multiple AD servers, our CUCM sync the data from only one, all users in this AD (8945) that is directly sync with our CUCM, their status are visible, the other users (8845) that are in the other AD that sync with the one directly "attached/sync" with our CUCM their presence status show OFFLINE.