Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8861 3pcc activation code

Hi, 

I recently purchased a new 8861 3pcc K9. It is asking for an activation code. I purchased this phone for my small business and I'm the only user. I can NOT figure out how to find this code or get past this. Thanks in advance for your help. 

22 Replies 22

Nosir, nothing. In fact, I had to ask him before he left for my number..

Are you really sure that you have a SIP register service with your service provider and not an ATA, Analog Telephone Adapter, where you are intended to connect an analog telephone? If you do have a SIP register service then you’ll need to get into contact with AT&T to ask for the required information to configure your MPP phone.

Response Signature

Yessir, no jack of any kind. It's using WIFI to connect to the router. 

What is using WiFi to connect to the router? It might help if you where to share a picture of the equipment you have from AT&T.

Response Signature

This is all I have from AT&T. They added the phone line to the router and gave me the phone number and that was it. I tested it with another phone and it works fine. The Cisco phone, i can not figure out how to get working. router.jpg

From what I understand that is an ATA device. You’ll connect an analogue phone to the grey phone port as seen in this picture.

IMG_4750.jpeg

So you cannot use your MPP phone as it’s not an analogue phone, it is a VoIP, more specifically a SIP device. 

Response Signature

This is what the manual from AT&T says about connecting phones.

IMG_4751.jpeg

This is taken from this url, http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/2346873~95c4c01f5458385e310472e8089ac04c/BGW210Manual.pdf#page14

As seen this is an FXS type of port. That is used for regular analogue phones. I can see that the text is somewhat vague as it states VoIP phones, but that’s not truly accurate as what is referenced is VoIP service for telephony and that is provided by the BGW210 device, not by a VoIP phone.

Hopefully this clears this up for you.

Response Signature

Well, 

I just wanted to thank all of you for all of your time and help. It looks like this just is NOT going to work out. I have already ordered a technician to install us a wall jack and we will use an analog phone and we will sell this Cisco phone. I just do not have enough time to continue to work with this. Again, thank you all very much for your time and efforts. It was very much appreciated.