cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8865 Key Expansion Module lkem has been detected but is disabled

Nouveau
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use a CP-8865 with 8800 Key Expansion Module but the module does not power up.

All the switchs we use are from Cisco.

CUCM version: 11.5.1.13900-52

I use a phone button template with 11 lines: 10 for the phones + 1 to test the expansion.

I receive an error message:

(translated in english): "lkem has been detected but is disabled by the administrator"

(the original message from my phone in french): "LKEM détectée mais a été désactiver par l'administrateur"

How can I solve this?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If it's not powering up, I'd start by making sure the switch you use can provide enough power for it, otherwise, use a power brick.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/ip-phone-8800-series-key-expansion-module/datasheet-c78-732356.html

I assume it's properly configured in CUCM and that you chose the right kem model, if you choose the wrong model, it will also fail to work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I've check the phone model and the expansion model.
Phone Model: CP-8865
Expansion Model: CP-8800-V-KEM

CUCM version: 11.5.1.13900-52

switch:
Modele = WS-C2960X-48FPS-L
Version firmware = 15.2(2)E6
Total watt dispo = 740.0

The power the phone get is 14.7W

In CUCM the phone is registered.

Capture.PNG

The expansion module Information:

Capture2.PNG

franciscse
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same probleme. I think my switch, WS-C2960X, can provide enough power. 

Active Load ID:sip8845_65.11-7-1-17
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: