cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8945 missing functionality

bilgecetin
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently done a new installation wtih 8945 and it was my first experience with these phones and what surprised me is that some of the functionalities that I had with 79xx series are not there anymore. For example I cannot get the join softkey appear on the display anymore even tough it is defined in the doftkey template.

And during a call if I go to directory, I cannot initiate a transfer of conference thorugh a direcotyr entry.

Is it me missing soemthing or are these functions not available on 894x series?

5 Replies 5

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Softkey templates don't work on 89xx/99xx series phones

Instead, you have to define a Feature Control Policy  (CCMAdmin->Device->Device Settings->Feature Control Policy), then apply it to your phones.

I don't know why Cisco have done this. I've vented my unhappiness about this to my account manager & SE.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Just to add to Gordon's reply, unfortunately there are several softkeys that are not supported on the 8941's/45's (including the Join softkey).  The feature control policy is supported on the 8961's, but not the 41's or 45's.  See the link below:

The Cisco Unified IP Phones 8941 and 8945 do not support all the softkeys that are configurable in Softkey Template Configuration on Cisco Unified CM Administration. Cisco  Unified Communications Manager allows you to enable or disable some  softkeys in the control policy configuration settings, but the Cisco  Unified IP Phones 8941 and 8945 do not support feature control policy  configuration settings.

Table 5-2

lists the features, softkeys that can be configured on a softkey template, and note whether it is supported on the Cisco Unified IP Phones 8941 and 8945.

Table 5-2     Configurable Softkeys 

Feature
Configurable Softkeys in the Softkey Template Configuration
Supported as a softkey on Cisco Unified IP Phone 8941 and 8945
Notes

Answer

Answer (Answer)

Yes

Barge

Barge (Barge)

No

Call Back

Call Back (CallBack)

Yes

Call Forward All

Forward All (cfwdAll)

Yes

Phone displays Fwd ALL or Fwd Off.

Call Park

Call Park (Park)

Yes

Call Pickup

Pick Up (Pickup)

Yes

Conference

Conference (Confrn)

Yes

Conference is a dedicated button.

Only exists on video call.

Conference List

Conference List (ConfList)

Yes

Phone displays Detail.

Divert

Immediate Divert (iDivert)

Yes

Phone displays Divert.

Do Not Disturb

Toggle Do Not Disturb (DND)

Yes

Configure Do Not Disturb as a programmable line button.

End Call

End Call (EndCall)

Yes

Phone displays Cancel if the call is not answered.

Group Pickup

Group Pick UP (GPickUp)

Yes

Hold

Hold (Hold)

No

Hold is a dedicated button.

Hunt Group

HLog (HLog)

Yes

Configure Hunt Group as a programmable feature button.

Join

Join (Join)

No

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8941_8945/8_5/english/admin_guide/6921usr.html#wp1031287

HTH,

Chris

I'm late to the party here but I thought I'd kick this post instead of starting a  new one.  Can anyone confirm the above table is still accurate for CUCM 9.1(1) w/ 8945 (SIP)?  I'm not getting the Join softkey as expected and can't find the updated version of the 8.5 doc that's linked.

Thanks

This is the latest one

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8941_8945/9_0/english/admin_guide/P415_BK_C1A45FBB_00_admin-guide-8941-8945_chapter_0101.html#P415_RF_SABA1ECB_00

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, java.  just what I needed.  Looks like the naming went from 'CM' to 'Cisco Unified Communications Manager' which threw Google off :-D

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: