cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9-Port HWIC-ESW Power Daughter Card

dbritoosis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I just put a 9-Port HWIC-ESW Power Daughter Card in our 2821 router and have configured the ports for the appropriate voice and data vlans.  Data connectivity is working fine however the phone is dead in the water (no power).  The show diag has this listed as a 9-Port HWIC-ESW Power Daughter Card so I am assuming this should be POE.  Is there any special commands needed to get power or anything I can check to see why this is not working.

Thanks,

Debbie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You also need the PoE power supply, do show env and you will see that you do not have it.

Always double check before buying Cisco hardware, often things are not so simple as they seem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You also need the PoE power supply, do show env and you will see that you do not have it.

Always double check before buying Cisco hardware, often things are not so simple as they seem.

OK I managed to track it down.  It came with our order but the guys had it sitting over with all the phones. It's the first time I've installed one of these so I didnt know.

Thanks!!

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

I had meet a situation with the same card in which I had to configure "switchport mode trunk" to make it work, as opposed to switches where "mode access" is correct. Maybe let us know if it's the same for you.