Views
Helpful
Replies

About CCM Route Pattern number exclude

CN_donke.xu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends

I have a question about  Route Pattern number exclude.

Now 9.222XXXXXX is to my city

9.[^2][^2][^2] XXXXXX is to other city

but if i dial 9233666666 , I can not make the call

so i try 9.[^222]XXXXXX,  I still can not make the call

But I do have such a demand,Who can tell me how to design the route pattern.

Thanks & Best Regards

Donke xu

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You can create translation pattern in PT_LD to match 98.222 and 98.224 and block them. Translation pattern will take precedence over route-pattern

View solution in original post

Hi Mohammed,

I guess he wants to do it in the most optimum way (aka least configuration).

Regards

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Because when you dial 9233666666, it doesn't match either of the route pattern. 

Can you please let us know the area codes where you want to route the call so that we can assist you better. 

There are plenty of reference documents on Cisco.com which I suggest you to refer.

Hi,

I suggest you start with Dialplan SRND to understand how call routing works. Then let us know what you are trying to achieve.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/dialplan.html

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you have the same you posted, there is a blank space between the last [^2] and the X which is not supported,

And FYI, whatever you put inside [] is not a literal chain, that is a group of numbers that are interpreted independently.

You would need to look into your dial plan to see what you have, and configure accordingly, you can use DNA to see what you're doing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime Valencia
   I want to know What numbers can match 9.8[222]!,9.8[222]! It does not seem to be able to exclude 98222XXXXXXX。
What consecutive three digit representatives in the []。

Just curious, what is that exactly you want to achieve, as there could be many ways to achieve the same results?

Could you please elaborate this a little more?

Regards

I want to desgin a route pattern for Domestic long distance ,my city code is 222,so the route pattern for Local call is 98.222XXX-XX-XX,I want to design 98.[^222]XXX-XX-XX for Domestic long distance but This appears to be a wrong design.I can't Exclude continuous 222 in the Route Pattern.

Thank you for your attention
Best Regards
Donke xu

Ok, so what will happen if you let the users dial 98.222-XXX-XX-XX ? Why would you want the calls to be blocked to 98.222-XXX-XX-XX?

I mean if the user dials 98.222-XXX-XX-XX or 98.223-XXX-XX-XX, either case the call gets handed to the Telco and telco will route both the calls, what is the issue here, I am wondering?

Regards

Yes Wilson, you are right ,But now the question is about Competence.

CSS RoutePatternPartition Remark
CSS_LO98.222-XXX-XX-XXPT_LO LO(Local)
CSS_LD98.???-XXX-XX-XX  PT_LDExcept98.222&98.224)LD(Long Distance)
CSS_ILD98.224!PT_ILD ILD(International Long Distance)

224 is ILD Access Code ,Offered by Telecommunications company

Now I have Three Phone
PhoneA(CSS_LO)    Only local call privileges
PhoneB(CSS_LD)    Only long-distance call privileges
PhoneC(CSS_ILD)   Only international long-distance call privileges

How to design my LD Route Pattern can achieve this.I try many method but i still can't separate LD Call Route from 98.XXX-XXX-XX-XX.

Thanks&Best Regards

Donke xu

Hi,

You can create translation pattern in PT_LD to match 98.222 and 98.224 and block them. Translation pattern will take precedence over route-pattern

Hi Mohammed,

I guess he wants to do it in the most optimum way (aka least configuration).

Regards

Hi Mohammed al Baqari

This seems a good idea but if I had a phoneD it has both long-distance call privileges and international long-distance call privileges,You know Translation Pattern is earlier than Route Pattern, because my translation pattern block 98.224! PhoneD can't make a international long-distance call.

Special thanks for you help many times.

Donke xu

In this case, put the translation pattern in separate partition and make sure that PhoneB CSS has both partitions.

For PhoneD CSS it should contain both partitions for LD and INT but not the PT for translation pattern.

Yes Of course, this is no problem ,I think if other friends encounter this problem and this will the best solution

Thanks&Best Regards
Donke xu

Hi Donke,

I think understand your issue, you want to achieve the results where, Local Calls, should be able to dial 98.222-XXX-XX-XX and not any Long Distance which are 98.224-XXX-XX-XX and 98.223-XXX-XX-XX and you want to achieve the results with minimal configuration.

I think there is something missing in the configuration or the phones are able to get a match on the Route Pattern for Long Distance  (Local Calls phones that you wanted to implement).

I will request you to try this:

1. Create a Route Pattern in Partition, with 98.[^2][^2][^2]-XXX-XX-XX and allow it be routed via the GW

2. Assign, a phone a test CSS, and let that CSS contain ONLY the above Route Pattern, and see if it meets the desired results.

More over, if you are able to dial Long Distance, then please share us the DNA output from the phone / DN and it will help us clarify, where the logic needs to be changed.

HTH