Views
Helpful
Replies

Adjusting gateway MMOH audio source file playout volume

ldbotner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Forum...

I have an end customer where all branch locations use gateway MMOH and the same audio source file.

However, three locations have repetitive reports from callers that the MOH is unacceptably loud.

All gateways have PRI circuits, voice ports set to Music On Hold Threshold -38 (dBm) [default].

I have tested good and bad location MOH and do not perceive any difference.

Show command output is the same for call leg dBm.

I searched Cisco CCO on the IOS command and then tested one bad location MMOH.

I modified the voice-port 0/0/0:23 music parameter, testing lower and higher dBm by increments of 4, but do not perceive any impact.

Looking to confirm if this command will actually modify the MMOH playout, if the voice-port requires resest to take the change.

The suggested alternative is to modify the actual audio source file volume.

Thank you very much for your attention and any assistance you may lend.

Loren Botner - CDW UC Voice Engineer

1 Reply 1

bbiandov
Level 1
Level 1

This is not going to answer the root cause but only share observations:

For some strange and totally undocumented reason if the gateway (media device as RTMT reports it) looses CCM connectivity the audio file becomes way louder than it is when the gateway sees CCM.

Once the gateway registers again the volume goes down to its normal level.

Of course if the gateway stops seeing CCM another symptom will be the obvious SRST indication on all phones. Do a quick test and you will see.

Now why this happens: no clue. Have not investigated since this occurs very infrequently so it's a low priority bug...