cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alcatel IP phones - "Bad tftp1 address" on 2960CX, not on other switches.

hungtrandwn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all 

I got an error message "Bad tftp1 address" when connecting an Alcatel IP Phone to Cisco 2960CX switches. I checked mac address-table on these switches, but only saw the MAC address associated with Data vlan only.

In our network, we have several switches with different models. And when I moved the IP Phone to other switches rather than 2960X, it works fine.

I have checked the configuration of Voice and Data Vlans several times, they are configured properly on 2960CX switches like on other ones: trunked to core switches. when running "show spanning-tree vlan Voice_VLAN", it shows that core switches are root bridges for the Voice VLAN. "switchport access vlan Data_Vlan", "switchport voice vlan Voice_Vlan"...but it could not help.

I also found a link discussing about this issue but with HP switches and could not help me to solve the issue.

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/28494352/TFTP-bad-address.html

I would appreciate for your help.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: