cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

allow-connections sip to sip

callshakeel
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure our router (Cisco IOS 3745) for sip to sip connection using following command;

configure terminal

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to sip

or

allow-connections sip to sip

Getting error message

VG_C3745(conf-voi-serv)#allow-connections sip to sip

^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker. at sip

Please tell me where is the problem.

If required will send the running config.

3 Replies 3

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

What version of IOS are you running on your 3745? If you are running 12.3(4)T or earlier, you will not be able to use this command.

An easy way to figure out what is available is to do:

VG_C3745(conf-voi-serv)#allow-connections ?

=========================================================

Cisco IOS Release 12.3(4)T, Cisco IOS Release 12.3, and Earlier Releases

This command is used to allow connections between specific types of endpoints in a Cisco multiservice IP-to-IP gateway. The command is enabled by default and cannot be changed. Connections to or from POTS endpoints are not allowed. Only H.323-to-H.323 connections are allowed.

Cisco IOS Release 12.3(7)T and Later Releases

This command is used with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 3.1 or later systems and with the Cisco Multiservice IP-to-IP Gateway feature. In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, the allow-connections command enables the VoIP-to-VoIP connections used for hairpin call routing or routing to an H.450 tandem gateway.

Source: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/command/reference/vr_a1.html#wp1632708

HTH

-Adam

Dear Adam,

I am using Cisco IOS Software, 3700 Software (C3745-IPVOICE-M), Version 12.3(8)T6, RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc2)

once i am running the command

VG_C3745(conf-voi-serv)#allow-connections ?

getting result h323 from-type h323

Is it mean i can't allow-connections sip to sip

If go for update the router image my constratint is 32 MB Flash; while 12.4 requires 64 MB

Is there any other way to allow sip->sip

or atleast h323->sip

Unfortunately the only way that you will be able to enable sip to sip or h323 to sip communication would be to upgrade to at least 12.4.

HTH

-Adam

If helpful, please remember to rate this posting