Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog line call Issue

Bahlul Guliyev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

When I call from analog line to PSTN, call is going out normally.

But after IVR telling me to dial extension number I can't dial.

Regards

Bahlul

20 Replies 20

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

Can you describe the call flow? Is this CUCM, CME, etc. Are you having issues with DTMF calling out to other organizations or is the issue with calling in to your IVR?

Can you verify the dtmf config on the outbound dial peer.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

Hello,

This is CME version 9.1.

Call flow :  3905 IP Phone -> CME FXO Port -> PSTN 

When I call PSTN number call works fine. But when I call PSTN number, and after this IVR telling me to dial extension number, I'm dialing but there is no result. I think that I can't send digits to IVR.

Regards

Bahlul

The DTMF may not be going from your phone to the PSTN, causing the issue. What is the firmware running on the phone?

Can you send a show run of the router as well as the following debugs for a call?

debug voip ccapi inout

debug voip vtsp session

debug voip vtsp default

Another test that you can do is to call out to a landline or mobile phone using the FXO, and then press digits on the 3905 phone. Check if you can hear any digits on the landline/mobile.

Hello Sreekanth,

I attached the debug and configuration files.

I did test as you said, called out a landline and then pressed digits on the phone. But I didn't hear sound.

regards

Bahlul

The outgoing dial peers need to have dtmf added to them.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

How to add dtmf to POTS dial-peer?

Regards

Bahlul

With phone model 7962 everything works fine. But with 3905 it is not working normally. Sometimes when calling internal numbers I can't hear any sound, but opposite side hearing me. How you think is it depends on firmware?

Regards

Bahlul 

So that isolates the issue to the 3905. Looks like the phone isn't sending the right payload or not sending dtmf as it may not have been negotiated itself.

I note that you have configured all your 3905 pools as dtmf-relay rtp-nte and sip-notify. We now need the debug voip ccapi inout

debug ccsip message

debug voip rtp session named-events

for the call made from the 3905 so we can see what is getting negotiated. 

Hey Guys,

That's a problem with 3905 firmware, please upgrade firmware to 9.4(1), which has the payload issue fixed.

HTH

~jorge

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hello Jorge,

I've changed the firmware but there is no result. Still when I call PSTN number call works fine. But when I call PSTN number, and after this IVR telling me to dial extension number, I'm dialing but there is no result. I think that I can't send digits to IVR

Regards

Bahlul

Hello Sreekanth,

I checked the support forums of cisco, and everyone telling that the problem in firmware file. But now looking for it , but can't find it.

Hey,

The firmware is located here: http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283734772&softwareid=282074288&release=9.4(1)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Many thanks Sreekanth,

I downloaded it.

Hi Sreekanth,

I solved the problem with two way RTP stream. Now the problem with PSTN calling couldn't resolve.

"When I call PSTN number call works fine. But when I call PSTN number, and after this IVR telling me to dial extension number, I'm dialing but there is no result. I think that I can't send digits to IVR"

Regards

Bahlul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: