cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog phone connect via ata186 does not dial internal extensions

catinawhite
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cordless phone that can dial outbound local calls but cannot dial internal extensions.  When an internal extension is dial it rings a couple of cycles and then returns with a fast busy.  I am thinking it could possibly be the cordless phone.  Any assistance would be appreciated!

6 Replies 6

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How does the ATA integrate with CUCM (SCCP, H323)? This sounds like a calling search space issue. Does the CSS of the ATA in CUCM contain the partition for the internal phones?

-Felipe

Felipe,

Thanks for the feedback.

This ATA integrates via SCCP to CUCM.  The CSS is the exactly the same as the IP phones and the work just fine.

Is the call sucessful if you call the wireless phone connected to the ATA

? You mention that you hear ring back when cal

l an internal extension, so does the called phone ring

s when you hear ring back? Is the ATA and the phone you are calling register to the same server?

If not, you could try to register the ATA and the called phone to the same server (PUB) and test.

If this does not work then you can collect sniffer capture from the CUCM server where the ATA and the called phone register.

Connect to the server console via SSH and run the command utils network capture size ALL count 1000000 file

You can see in the packet capture if CUCM is talking with the called phone.

JaredDeJong
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am experiencing a very similar issue. Please let me know what you found, if anything.

Thanks.

Hi Jared,

We did solve our issue.  We didn't have a calling search space defined on the phone.  I hope this helps.

JaredDeJong
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info. I ended up solving my issue as well. We were running

g.729 and the ATA only supports one port when using that codec. This caused port 2 to get a fast busy when making calls, but port 1 worked with no issues. We had to configure the ATA to use g.711.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: