Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog PSTN Lines

Toss Leey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 3 Analog PSTN Lines with 3 different No., and Line one is primary No. which publish to customers and have Auto-Attend but the problem i faced is when someone call Line one, and get another call on same Line be busy How I can let second call on Line one redirect to other two lines which is free, so the caller only know one No. which is line One No.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hi.

This is something you have to ask to your provider as they are responsible for incoming number routing.

Keep in mind that FXO lines can usually carry just one call at time .

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Please note that when there is a second call on line1 and line1 is busy, call actually doesn't hit the gateway and it's your provider who gives busy tone to the caller.

However if you've call waiting enabled on line1, exchange can play call waiting tone but again gateway has no indication that there is a second call. Only exchange plays waiting beeps in the existing media. This is because of the fact that as Carlo mentioned, FXO has only one call circuit at a time.

To take second call on line2/line3, only your provider can suggest a solution. None of the gateway configuration will help.

- Vivek