cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 191 MPP Password Update

TimCarter1961
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ATA 191 I'm trying to update the admin web password through a config file using a provisioning server. I have tried all of the various settings below, yet the password will not update. Any ideas? Can anyone confirm the correct provisioning parameters or tell me if I am missing something?

<Web_Login_Admin_Password>MyPasswordHere</Web_Login_Admin_Password>

<Web_Login_Admin_Passwd>MyPasswordHere</Web_Login_Admin_Passwd>

<Web_Login_Admin_Password ua="na">MyPasswordHere</Web_Login_Admin_Password>

<Admin_Password ua="na">MyPasswordHere</Admin_Password>

<Admin_Passwd ua="na">MyPasswordHere</Admin_Passwd>

<Admin_Password>MyPasswordHere</Admin_Password>

<Admin_Passwd>MyPasswordHere</Admin_Passwd>

VERSION=

Version: 11-1-0MSR3-9
Model: ATA191-MPP

I have reviewed 5 different documents on provisioning, operation, maintenance, with no success. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

4 Replies 4

TimCarter1961
Level 1
Level 1

I found this in the cfg file in the PRT, the password entry is remarked out, but the syntax looks right..

<Web_Login_Admin_Name>admin</Web_Login_Admin_Name>
<!-- <Web_Login_Admin_Password></Web_Login_Admin_Password> -->
<Web_Login_Guest_Name>cisco</Web_Login_Guest_Name>
<!-- <Web_Login_Guest_Password></Web_Login_Guest_Password> -->

I had a similar issue.

The provisioning is berry hazardous on ATA191-MPP.

I was using SPA112 before ATA191-MPP, config file is the same, and no issue at all on SPA112 at provisioning level.

I have noticed that rebooting one time the ATA191-MPP after provisioning is sometimes setting the admin password...

ArjunPatel45829
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue but seems to have fixed after putting those parameters within <router-configuration></router-configuration> tags.

I had this problem because I was putting a password with less than 8 characters, the equipment accepted the configuration but didn't change the password. On the equipment syslog I couldn't see any error and the ATA accepted other configurations so it was clueless.
I've discovered that it needed a password with a  minimum password length of 8 characters when I tried to change it on the web interface, then I tried to change it again through provisioning with a valid password and it worked,  maybe you have the same problem as I was having.

If you go http://<phone_IP>/admin/config.xml you will see the actual phone configuration, you can use that file on you provision changing the fields you want.