cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA187 Fax issue on CME

rchaseling
Level 4
Level 4

OK - this setup I have is a temporary solution for a customer but I need to find a resolution to the below if possible

Have a 2911 running CME version 9.0........have an ATA 187 attached and also CUE. Incoming calls come via a SIP trunk from Service Provider who is using G711alaw.

Faxing was working fine. I then added a CUE module and founf that incoming external calls were failing when going to voicemail. To resolve this I added a transcoder on the 2911 as CUE needs g711ulaw.

What I have found now is that the fax is failing when the transcoder is enabled.........if I do a "no sccp" faxing starts working but then external calls to voicemail start failing.

Anyone have any ideas on how to have both working?

Cheers

Russell

4 Replies 4

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

Well definitively the issue is because the audio for the fax transmition is going through the transcoder. Is your Service Provider accepting just G729? Maybe you can try to force the calls that goes to the ATA to use G711 only!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi,

G729 is not being used it is g711alaw. Anyway on further investigation it doesn't seem to be a ATA / Fax issue. I believe it is a transcoder / dsp issue as now the exact same issue is happening with external calls going to CUE when transcoder is enabled.

It think it is either a one-way or two-way audio issue  as when ever the transcoder is invoked the call connects and stays up but there is no audio.

Incoming calls to the fax and CUE were working at install a month or so ago at install after configuring the transcoder. I am going to try a reboot tonight and see if it resolves

I'm on IOS c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-2.T2.bin

Thanks

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

Sure,

Let us know how it goes!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Reboot resolved the issue. Sounds like a bug to me......can't find anything on bug toolkit yet though. WIll just have to wait to see if it happens again.

c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-2.T2.bin

DSP Type - SP2600

DSP Version - 30.3.2

Thanks for replies